In 2015, millions of people worldwide were aware of the United Nations International Day of Peace (Peace Day), September 21. Thousands of organizations offered a wide range of peace activities, some like Peace Day Philly over the course of 1 week.
Join with people across the region and around the world to take positive action for peace, justice and unity on personal, local and/or global levels. What can you do, what will you do to build more peace in your world for Peace Day 2016 (Sept. 18 – Sept. 24)?
Create your #peaceday
Please take a look at the various pages in this section – Children & Youth, the Arts, Nonviolence, Environment, Health, Social Justice, etc. and create your #peaceday!
Please check out the various WHAT CAN YOU DO? pages for activity ideas and more!
Please check out PDP EVENTS, mostly free, for Sept. 18 – Sept. 24!
You don’t have to organize or attend an event to participate in Peace Day. Individuals can observe Peace Day in whatever way is personally meaningful. Take time for quiet reflection, volunteer in your community, commit to more peaceful communications in your home, share some time and energy with someone who needs support, learn about a global issue related to people or the environment that the UN and/or NGOs are working to solve – all are great ways you can engage in this global day.
Global Peace Day Initiatives
These are just some of the global initiatives that have been created for Peace Day!
– Dance – International Zouk
– DJs/Music Station Participation – Peace One Day’s Set for Peace Campaign
– Meditation – Be the Peace
– Peace Crane Exchange – Peace Crane Project
– Peace Poles – “Plant” a Peace Pole
– Soccer – Peace One Day’s One Day One Goal Campaign
– World Peace Prayer Society – Include the universal statement “May Peace Prevail On Earth” to begin or end a program of gathering.