Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -Desmond Tutu
WHAT CAN YOU DO: COMMUNITY
– Organize a block party or neighborhood clean up
– Work with neighbors to organize a dialogue to share strengths and challenges of your community
– Involve local business associations and houses of faith in your community building plans
– Help organize a youth activity
– Do something kind for a neighbor who is struggling
– Engage the community relations officer of your Police District in a dialogue about community concerns
– Get young people involved in Peace Day through the Chalk4Peace global initiative
Local Community Resources
The Mural Arts Porchlight Program This project strives to spark awareness and dialogue about the role that mental health plays in our overall peace and wellness as individuals and communities. For more information, CLICK HERE.
National Resources, Peacebuilding and Advocacy
Art Rebuilding Broken Communities Across the Globe: “The Barefoot Artist” – Lily Yeh
Gardening Initiatives Building Community and Wellness
Cost of Violence In Communities
U.S. Violence Containment costs around 15% of Gross Domestic Product each year and is the largest discrete industry.